OPERATIONS PLANNING & OVERSIGHT | TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADERSHIP | CULTURAL IMPROVEMENTS
Visionary leader and strategic change agent with career track record of driving excellence and increasing productivity across multi-unit engineering, power operations and maintenance operations. History of success in establishing and executing corporate vision and objectives through the introduction of strategies, initiatives and programs, using innovative approaches and transformational leadership to support continuous improvement. Expertise in managing organizational change and establishing cultures of performance, quality and accountability to achieve maximum results. Demonstrated ability to instill a common vision and develop a dynamic team that fosters growth and development.
✦ Areas of Excellence ✦
Engineering Operations & Maintenance Strategy & Oversight • Project Leadership & Execution • Strategic & Tactical Planning • Financial Performance • Change Management • Executive Level Decision Making & Guidance • P&L Management • Business Transformation • Process/Productivity Improvement • Team Building, Development & Leadership • Partnership Building • Cost Optimization • Stakeholder Engagement • Business Process Optimization • Capital Improvements • Corporate Compliance
Deliver executive leadership for the Energy business comprising 11 fossil and renewable power plants. Provide oversight of financial performance, asset management, project development, operational planning and safety functions for alignment with corporate expectations. Report to CEO and work collaboratively on defining, implementing and enhancing division processes, strategies and policies to drive cash flow, performance and efficiency improvements. Direct organization of 200 geographically dispersed resources; hold full P&L responsibility and manage multi-million project development budget; lead all budgeting and forecasting activities for areas of supervision.
• Established a culture of performance, safety and accountability to meet all company and departmental plans; developed key performance indicators (KPIs) and generated reports to track performance levels. Resulted in an increase in fleet capacity and availability factors.
• Created employee development, mentoring and succession plan, and staffing and growth readiness model for nationwide operations growth. Developed and administered voluntary separation program, reducing legacy staffing costs 40%.
• Increased earnings per share by 7% via additional operating income and savings. Developed waste elimination methodology and lean quality management process, resulting in $1.8M operating expense savings.
• Spearheaded the design and implementation of processes for managing daily operations at fossil and renewable generating facilities, establishing a safe, reliable and compliant organization while also reducing operating defects and events.
• Drove legal, regulatory, ethics and risk management policies to meet safety, environmental, NERC and SOX standards; implemented a compliance tracking system to eliminate non-compliance events and lead business support for audits.
• Key contributor for development and expansion operations, partnering with C-suite leadership and stakeholders for the full transaction process, including analyzing potential acquisition, conducting negotiations and due diligence.
• Drafted a new multi-tier procurement process, reducing contract formation time and execution risk.
• Led development of short and long-term corporate and business unit strategy for managing $350M asset inventory to grow business and increase portfolio return on equity by 5%.
• Actively participate with business partners, executive management committees, cross department initiatives and investors.
Hired to provide strategic leadership of operations of fossil generating facilities, ensuring a safe, reliable and compliant environment while meeting system load requirements. Held direct accountability for all operational functions, including financial performance, safety program, regulatory compliance, resource management and maintenance planning. Partnered with cross-functional leadership on the development and implementation of processes to drive continuous improvement. Hired, developed and managed a team of 60; manage annual operating budget of $50M.
• Led the coordination of planned and unplanned outages and large capital projects; developed short and long-range plans for equipment maintenance to maintain production demands.
• Conducted operational assessments and internal audits to identify issues related to performance, quality and productivity; introduce strategies and processes to resolve inefficiencies and meet organizational goals. Increased starting reliability, from 87% to 98%, reduced outages by 45-days and decreased equivalent forces outage rate from 4.5% to 1.5%.
• Directed the development of contingency plans and risk response plans, as well as maintenance strategies to support daily and future production requirements.
• Developed new tool for effective manpower resource loading, resulting in improved group efficiencies, enhanced performance and optimal cost control.
• Created and rolled out a new lockout tagout process for routine and major maintenance activities.
• Established a safety and quality minded culture by educating team members on safety requirements and enforcing industry regulations, corporate objectives and quality control standards.
• Restructured candidate recruitment process, increasing diversity of candidate pools from very low to 25%.
• Implemented a new influential leadership structure safety program to establish a safety and quality minded culture; developed new reporting metrics to track unsafe conditions and proactive behaviors.
• Implemented excellence model to business unit, including developing new tools for use across various work groups.
Led the coordination and execution of preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance programs for large power plants. Directed all daily maintenance operations for critical systems and equipment, including developing maintenance plans and schedule, establishing maintenance processes and maintaining service agreements. Held full responsibility for planning and scheduling outages, devising strategies for unplanned maintenance and overseeing preventative maintenance projects. Managed a team of 12 and $10M maintenance budget.
• Championed a strong safety culture by documenting proactive safety actions and identifying/mitigating a significant number of unsafe conditions; established strategies for proactively identifying issues to maintain safe operations.
• Spearheaded the development of strategies and processes related to maintenance activities, including preventative, predictive and corrective repairs; resulted in improved equipment performance and reduced equipment downtime.
• Partnered with cross-functional leadership on the development of short and long-range maintenance plans to meet production and operational goals.
• Developed process for procurement to ensure attainment of strict deadlines; resulted in parts errors to <1%.
• Rolled out a new learning management system (LMS) to provide effective training for team members.
• Led the implementation of a work management system to replace legacy system; integrated all ongoing and planned work into system to maintain production levels.
Progressed internally based on outstanding performance and contributions. Managed a team of 8 responsible for leading the planning and execution of multi-disciplinary onsite construction projects. Lead design, construction and startup of major generation projects. Directed all project activities, including drafting specifications, establishing budgets, leading engineering resources and developing scope, variations, change orders and RFIs.
Are you focused on development and retention of your employees? If not, you should be as a leader and as an…
Turn and face the strange